Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Helen M. Waite

..is in charge of the Inquiry Department. If you'd like to make an inquiry, then go to Helen Waite.

Have you ever noticed that a version of this joke (usually involving the complaint dept.) is always featured prominently on rustic signs in kitschy family style restaurants and general stores? In my experience I've run across them in places with names like "The Roadkill Cafe" (one of the Sarge's favorites) or "Dick's Last Resort" where the staff (whom you pay to serve you) take great pleasure in verbally abusing and belittling their guests both to their faces and behind their backs.

Stick with me...I'm getting to the point.

Let's all be honest about one thing. I call myself a personal assistant/event planner but we all know that's just so my parents don't begin to regret spending all that money to put me through school. In reality, I'm a glorified servant. My boss comes to me everyday with requests and inquiries concerning making his life that much easier. What would you do if you had someone to fufill your every whim and research all the various and sundry articles, people, places, gadgets, etc. that popped up on your radar? More importantly, what would it look like if that person started a blog to document all of those inquiries?

I realize that it may become difficult to populate a whole blog with the silly things that I do as a part of my job so, right from jumpstreet, I'm going to widen the scope to include requests and inquiries from my friends and family and general inquiries made to you, the readers.

We can debate the semantics of "inquiry" vs. "request" later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

funny! great idea. can't wait to read more... expose the man...
btw, pls. subscribe me to some sort of list that i get an email automatically whenever you update?

AC/JC said...

Expose him, but we need photos such as dry cleaning stains, contents of pocket turnout

Good luck, this might be the end of you if he finds out !