Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Can you pick me up a cool New Year's hat?"

Me: "What do you mean by a cool New Year's hat?"
Bossman: "You know, a New Year's hat that's cool...not one made out of paper or plastic."

This is the request made to me before Bossman went on vacation for Christmas. A number of questions obviously popped into my head... "What does this really mean?" "Who invests in a party hat?" "Where the hell am I going to find this?"

Luckily I had the very supportive Cecilia Kiely in town to go on this mission with me. Ultimately, I bought a felt party hat, a Happy New Year tiara, and a pair of cardboard 2007 glasses. With the help of my trusty friend and trusty glue gun, I concocted a one of a kind New Year's party hat. Here I am doing my best to infuse it with some cool.



I came back to work post holiday to find it sitting on my desk with all the decoration ripped off. Was this a diss or a drunken, post ball-drop faux paus? One may never know...

1 comment:

cecilia said...

He obviously was unable to rock the hat like you did . . .