Friday, January 8, 2010

Washer on the Fritz?

Mine is. So I'm sitting here. Waiting.

After hearing that my landlord could get a repairman here between 8-12 today and getting the ok from work, I made an off-hand comment that I'm sure that didn't mean they'd show up after 11:30. Well, it's 11:47 and I'm coming to the realization that I wasted my time by making a sandwich to bring to work. That sucker just converted from "to-go" to "for here."

Let's quickly reflect on the positives:

-It's snowing outside and instead of venturing out to commute this morning, I got to sleep in a bit and hang out in front of the fire.

-I'm catching up on the blog and the blogosphere in general.

- I called work and was told it's no big deal since the day is really quiet.

Of course, reflecting on the positives led me to immediately come up with a counterpoint for all of them.

-It will be worse going to work this afternoon after being lazy and warm all morning. Not to mention that I've been in work clothes since 8am hoping that this whole repair experience would be wrapped up in a timely fashion.

-It's not like crabbing on my blog was a real priority and I have access to all those people with more interesting blogs from work.

-No matter how late this joker from Sears is I still have to go into the office since all of my study materials are there and I need to hit up Trader Joe's and stock up for the weekend. UGH.

Time to call the above-referenced jokers again.

No comments: