Monday, December 21, 2009

What's new this Christmas?

In celebration of my first adult Christmas tree (which Conor faithfully toted home from Home Depot on his back for me) I took a thousand pictures of it with virtually every setting my camera had to offer. I have to say that it looks quite charming by the fireplace.


It was my grand idea to forgo the traditional Christmas tree stand in favor of a white ceramic planter from Ikea. It's all part of my new focus on multi-use, reusable objects. Is that redundant? It was also my bright idea to buy a package of logs to shim the tree into place since Home Depot didn't have any potting soil (which I had planned to reuse for plants on the deck this summer). I didn't realize that that was a lot easier said than done. Again, my resourceful and handy boy Conor came to the rescue and patiently worked it out for me after my 5 minutes of patience ran out. The end result was well worth it though.


The next dilemma was coming up with a creative (free) tree-topper. Who else to come to the rescue than the birthday boy himself? I think he looks pretty cozy nestled up there.


I also have to give a quick shout-out to my homemade door swag. I couldn't get a good picture in the tight hallway but you get the idea. Not bad for a bunch of boxwood from the supermarket, an old scarf, and a few grapevine spheres from a set of outdoor lights.





1 comment:

AC/JC said...

Your blog is back ! Hurrah !
Your as regular as a lost spaceship in space with your blog - Nothing then Wooooah loads !
Great apartment and looks like your having great great fun
Miss you and happy new yr
X