Monday, December 7, 2009

What's the rant/resolution of the day?

I've never been big on New Year's resolutions. The whole idea of coming up with a list of your own shortcomings and the desperate ways you're going to promise yourself to be better has always seemed like a terrible way to round out the holidays. I also still have nightmares about Ms. Tanner baa-ing at us as 8th graders and telling us not to be sheep.

Whatever it is, I'm a bigger fan of being aware of your issues all year long and deciding to ignore or address them at will. That being said, I have a new...cough cough...resolution. I've decided that before I buy anything new, I will tailor, mend, or donate something I already own. Not to say that I can't stop by the mall after visiting the tailor at my drycleaner, I just realized that it's silly to want a new coat when I've got two at home that are out of rotation due to missing buttons.

I've always been a friend of the donation box when it comes to culling the wardrobe but, I've decided to take it one step further and finally get those pants hemmed, that skirt taken in, and those stupid buttons replaced. I made my first trip to the darling little woman at the drycleaner (she always great me, and everyone else I'm sure, with a "How ahhhhh you my dear?) tonight so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully writing my resolution down will afford me the level of guilt I need to stick with it.

No comments: