Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What are my daily distractions?

Aside from the boys tossing the football over my head on a regular basis? Here's a list of my top ten daily go-to websites (in no particular order) that I sneak off to when I need a break from finance and spreadsheets and phones and testosterone and etc. etc. etc.

Why are bloggers (legitimate ones I mean) so much cooler than me? It's definitely my latest "when I grow up" profession. It's not just the blogging but there seem to be such interesting lives going on behind the scenes too. There's definitely an interior design, DIY, art and decor slant to all of these so it may not appeal to everyone. I for one wouldn't mind being anyone of these people for a day or two. I feel hipper just knowing that they exist.

Design*Sponge: Four words...Before and After Thursdays.

Apartment Therapy: I love it for the ideas, the pictures, and the sheer volume of posts. There's always something new up here.

OnceWed: I know that this is a little outside of my current sphere of relevance but it's all so pretty!

Little Green Notebook: This girl is so cute and adorable and she puts up great projects.

A Beach Cottage: A little cottage by the beach in Australia. I don't know if all white is my taste but it's refreshing to look at and she always writes the cutest blurbs.

A Bloomsbury Life: I stumbled across this one today via another blog and then before I knew it, an hour had gone by. Oops.

Young House Love: This couple is so cute, organized, and possibly better than me, that I wan to puke. But their blog is fun and they have a cute house.

Sunday Suppers: I've mentioned this one before but I still love it.

20x200: I'm currently obsessed with Christian Chaize's photos of a beach in Portugal. Will it be a little Christmas gift to myself?

Evernote: Not a blog but it's a great place to keep track of all the gorgeous images and inspiration I find everywhere else.


1 comment:

The Lefty said...

Althought I hate all of the websites you mentioned, I am glad you are still in the blogosphere, Bonesaw.

*FYI- none of the sites you mentioned had anything about tools, meat, off-road vehicles or even sports. Not one. Get with it.