Thursday, June 7, 2007

Back With a Vengeance

Hello faithful friends.

I am finally relocated in lovely Brighton. Referred to by some as the "post college ghetto" or "the slums", our apartment is a cozy oasis in the midst of sweatpant clad 20-somethings and clattering T trains. My two roommates and I have put a great deal of effort into creating more than just a temporary dwelling. The result is a mature yet comfortable tribute to being a few years out of college and making the most of the resources at our disposal. Four days after our move-in and we're already throwing our first dinner party. Amanda came over for a delicious dinner facilitated by Trader Joe's groceries, my cooking, and Jessie's ambiance-creation abilities.


Look how mature and entertaining my friends are.

The move-in experience was one of the most ridiculous and frustrating experiences of my life. Most of you have already heard the details so I won't go into it here. Long story short, we dealt with a 21 year old stoner to rent our apartment, he completely screwed up the whole process, and I almost had to put all of my belongings in storage when the lease wasn't delivered and the landlord almost denied me access to the apatment. Bahhh. Thank goodness International Jessie showed up on move-in day to help us navigate the troubled waters.

So there will be many more fun stories to come from my roommates and I. Thanks to my trusty new internet connection, I'll once more be able to keep you all updated on things you didn't really care about in the first place.


Here we are after dragging ourselves out for Jeb's birthday on day one of the move. We're troopers.

Kisses,
Andrews

3 comments:

cecilia said...

i'm psyched about the vengeful return of "Please Direct All Inquiries . . ."

AC/JC said...

m in prov, where are u - this was our chace to catch up, an imax or something.. prov misses u, i miss u . x x x

laura said...

Welcome back! The apartment does look appropriately 'not-college' so well done!