Sunday, February 21, 2010

Is it really almost March?

So barely a post in February. Way to go.

Needless to say, there has been a lot happening and I've barely noticed the month going by. My latest attempt to pretend that I belong in the world of high finance is to take the Series 7 exam. Obviously, if I tell people at work I'm going to take it, I better pass it in order to avoid ridicule and possible termination. So woo hoo!

I bit the bullet last week and signed up for the 4 day intensive study class in mid March and I'll take the exam the following Friday. Did I mention that in between that Jessie will be visiting to celebrate my first ever St. Patrick's Day in Southie? Great planning. So I'll have my best friend in town surrounded by more drunks per capita than anywhere else on the planet but I'll need to take it easy so I don't fry all my brain cells before the test. Why do this you ask?

This was the only class I could take before the boyfriend's parents come over from Ireland in April to meet me. The last thing I wanted to worry about while they're here are stock options and settlement periods for various treasury instruments. I'll have enough on my plate trying to prove my worth as a potential life partner for their son. Again, woo hoo!

On the brighter side, I recently proved that I have the ability to roast a chicken and cook all the traditional accoutrements so at least I have a semi-impressive menu to wow them with.

I promise to come back in March with a sunnier attitude and posts that contain some visual interest. I think the fact that I'm reporting for jury duty tomorrow is bringing me down a bit. Keep your fingers crossed that the courthouse has WiFi so at least I can get through a couple practice tests.

1 comment: