Sunday, February 28, 2010

What Snowicane?



Nobody told this girl that we were in the middle of Snowmageddon as I skipped down the street Friday in my new spring trench and green hunters enjoying the 40 degree weather. I made myself even more of a cliche after stopping at Trader Joe's and picking up a fistful of perky yellow daffodils to carry home. By the time I got home, I was so thrilled with myself that I broke out the old digital camera and played artistic director.



Admittedly, I was slightly influenced my the daffodil post on Design*Sponge the week. Seriously. How could you not be ready for Spring with some of these suckers around?


TJ's didn't have quite the same selection as a New York farmer's market so I went for the monochromatic look and snapped a few pictures in the last bits of daylight. The one downside to this apartment is the lack of natural light. I'm blocked in on 3 sides and on the first floor so I keep the shades down most of the time. I'll have to explore some rental-friendly, privacy-keeping, light-maximizing solutions if I'm going to keep the Springy Sentiments alive.


One other thing that kept the endorphins running high was the little surprise from the UPS man that was waiting on the back deck for me. Makeover photos to follow...

No comments: