Monday, March 26, 2007

How Does one file their taxes when working for Bossman? Pt. 3

No, I still do not have my 1099. Over the past several days, the situation has deteriorated to the point where I don't even see him anymore and we only communicate about my 1099 via email and, in reality, he doesn't really participate. He just sends me forwards from his accountant. To top it all off, I feel like we're back to square one since this morning he basically asked me to fill it out for myself(again). Is it time to give my notice yet?

If you're really bored and have some time to waste, feel free to peruse the email chain.

Sun Mar 11 15:56:13 2007
1099 Form

Hi Bossman,

I just did a search on google for a 1099 form. I believe this is the form I need:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099msc.pdf

However, there are a couple of different 1099 forms and, not being an accountant, I'm not really qualified to accurately determine which form you need to give me and which on you should be filing with the IRS. Can I speak to your accountant directly on Monday? I'd like to take care of this as soon as possible.

Your Faithful Assistant

Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:47:10
Fwd: FW: Household employee issues


Bossman, below is a link to a website that discusses various issues related to Household employees. You should look through this. I have also attached instructions for form SS-4 and the form. I believe you can call or go on line and complete the form (it is probably easier to call)

I will send you the form 1099 and 1096 to complete

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p926/ix01.html

Your Accountant
Very Big and Important office
Numbertown, USA 12345

NOTE: This was a forward from Bossman that I received without any explanation or salutation

Thu Mar 15 11:16:33 2007
RE: Fwd: FW: Household employee issues

Hi Bossman,

So I assume this means you're on top of everything? I'd like to have my 1099 by Friday, the 23rd at the very latest.

Thanks,
FA

Wed Mar 21 17:02:41 2007
Fwd: RE: FW: Household employee issues

Bossman, sorry, I forgot to get these out to you--I am having my assistant send them out today. Thanks for reminding me.

Your Accountant
Very Big and Important office
Numbertown, USA 12345

Mon Mar 26 10:41:59 2007
1099: URGENT

Hi Bossman,

The 1099 forms arrived over the weekend from your accountant. I'd appreciate it if you can get them filled out ASAP.

FA

Mon Mar 26 10:48:29 2007
Re: 1099: URGENT
OK.

Why don't you look over them and write down any information that I might need.

Your start date, SSN, detailed payment history etc.

-B

1 comment:

Caroline Dixon said...

WOW. wow. So he's never done a day of work in his life, I presume?