Friday, September 3, 2010

Map Man?


The good thing about having a Man Friend in the house is that when you find things on Etsy that you just have to have, you can tell them it's a present for them AND get them to hang it up for you.

Actually, the map is a present to both of us since Conor's from Northern Ireland, I studied abroad in Scotland, and his brothers live in England. It's an all-encompassing visual aid.

I think something is up with my camera since it's been taking less than wonderful pictures lately but here's a shot of the map in situ. The fact that the office is a shoebox doesn't help with the angles but I promise it looks good. I need to get the chair that Conor brought home for me reupholstered but I think that's going to wait a while. For now I'm going to make do with an impromptu slipcover.

Also, I saw a little chatter over on Kristen's blog about printer's drawers and how I'm currently borrowing Jessie's for my shell collection. Here are some photos for reference. Again, photos were taken on my tired camera, at night, after 3 Miller High Lifes. Nonetheless, you get the idea.





5 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE the printer press drawer. AND your super duper impressive shell collection. holy smokes! and your blog is hilarious. insta-follower. i'm mad at jessie for keeping your blog hidden from me for so long.

Jessie said...

I didn't keep it hidden! If you ever took the damn time to read my suggested blogs on the side of my blog, you would have seen this!!
P.s. I'm glad that you're cool with the fact that you're "borrowing" that printer drawer because I'm gonna want that back some day. Keep your eyes peeled for another place to store those mollusk carcuses.

Jessie said...

carcasses.

Andrews said...

Come on. Can't I just take in in payment for moving your yellow bookshelf four times?

AC/JC said...

Wow..... you Marine raper.
Love the collection !