Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't call it a Thrisis.

Ok. You can if you want to. That's probably what it is anyway.

I've been reading Making It Lovely for a long time and was inspired by Nicole's "30 Before Thirty" list.* Since I'll be turning thirty in relatively short order (October 20, 2012!) I thought it would be cool to put my own list together to make the next couple of years a little more exciting and driven. It was only when I sat down to write this post that I did a little google research and realized that this whole concept is already a pretty big movement.

Maybe I'm cheating a little by giving myself almost two years to tackle the list but, if I know myself, I'll cross a few things off right away and then go into hibernation until about six months before the big 3-0. We'll see. Here we go. I can't believe I'm putting this out there.

1. Get married.
2. Get some professional advice on the green card process and how to file taxes in the meantime.
3. Bake an edible loaf of bread.
4. Visit Conor's hometown in N. Ireland.
5. Finish the photo albums of my nephews I've been promising to everyone for years.
6. Host a dinner party for at least 6 people before the wedding.
7. Vacation in Italy.
8. Complete securities registration exams for work.
9. DIY a headboard.
10. Buy a house.
11. Get a short haircut.
12. Visit the new wing of the MFA and take Conor to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
13. Sew curtains for the living room.
14. Attend 2 concerts a year.
15. Plant an herb container garden that survives longer than 3 months.
16. Make a full Roth IRA contribution for 2012.
17. Watch less TV, listen to more music.
18. Reduce paper towel consumption.
19. Start a recipe box. Maybe this one?
20. Make pasta from scratch.
21. Babysit the nephews in Boston for a day.
22. Create some real life photo albums for myself.
23. Go to a new restaurant every time we dine out (not that often these days) and keep track.
24. Spend a weekend in Providence with Conor and show him the old stomping grounds.
25. Visit the Mapparium.
26. Take more walks, especially when I don't feel like it.
27. Volunteer twice a year.
28. Stretch and do situps 3x a week.
29.Get more sleep but wake up earlier.
This goal was a total cop out and it is being replaced with:
29. Try a new recipe every two weeks.
30. Go see a movie outdoors in Boston.

Obviously, the list is in no particular order. It was pretty funny reading back through it and realizing how funny certain goals looked next to each other. I mean, of course DIYing a headboard and buying a house carry the same amount of significance for me in the next two years. Haha. At the very least this will be a good source of blog posts.

*By the way, her stationery is also super cute. I've ordered a few different patterns and have always been really satisfied.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm just returning to your blog after a long hiatus of doing way too much work (I should still be doing said work at this very moment). Just wanted to take a moment to say that you should do # 12 on a Wednesday night very soon. The MFA is by donation on Wednesdays and not crowded at all and the new wing is so great! I just went last week and loved every room of it. Also #20 is really high on my list of things to do.